The Superest of Foods
Microgreens are young, nutrient-rich shoots of salad and herb greens. Foodies and chefs love them for their unique flavors, colors, and textures — but they are also beginning to take center stage in the world of wellness and nutrition.
Find our Microgreens
Well Grown Farms microgreens are available at some Spokane grocery stores or direct order (and pickup at multiple locations in the Spokane area). You can also pre-order for pickup at Farmer’s Markets in the Spokane area. We take special orders!
We're Well Grown
Wellness is a daily choice — it is not found in some magic pill or potion. It’s a sustained, ongoing lifestyle. Well Grown Farms is borne out of the desire to invite others onto the path of wellness.
Dr. Jay Schmauch is no stranger to wellness, having served patients for 36 years as a Doctor of Osteopathy and Psychiatry. Along with his wife Donna, adult children, and grandchildren, this family is refining the technique and practice of growing microgreens.
We want to share this dietary solution with as many people as possible. That's why we grow fresh microgreens year-round in our indoor vertical farm, inviting you to eat well, live well, and be well.
The Power of Microgreens
While the research on health outcomes for microgreens is pretty green, it's pretty clear we are playing with power.
- Most microgreens have 4–6 times as many vital nutrients as their full grown counterparts!
- Certain varieties of microgreens such as Red Cabbage, Cilantro, and Radish are up to 40 times more nutrient dense than full grown plants of the same variety.
- They’re also high in trace minerals such as iron, iodine, selenium, zinc, copper, manganese, sulfur, magnesium, chromium and molybdenum.
- Microgreens are high in mineral salts that help produce chemicals that support brain function and dextoxify the brain by pulling out heavy metals.
- Ultimately, these mineral salts can help with brain fog and memory loss.
- Microgreens stimulate production of vitamin B12.
- They also contain thousands of phytochemicals that will turn your body into a disease-fighting machine.
- Microgreens can rebalance and restore reproductive hormones such as progesterone, estrogen and testosterone.